Shiitake Mushroom-Tomato Bisque
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup sliced leek or chopped onion (1 medium)
- 1/2 cup sliced celery
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 cups sliced, stemmed shiitake or other mushrooms
- 1 14.5-ounce can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 14.5-ounce can chicken broth or vegetable broth
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- 1/2 teaspoon dried dill
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Sauteed sliced mushrooms (optional)
- In a saucepan heat butter over medium heat until melted.
- Add leek, celery, and garlic and cook and stir until tender.
- Add mushrooms and cook and stir 5 minutes.
- Stir in remaining ingredients except mushrooms.
- Simmer, covered, for 30 minutes.
- Transfer mixture, half at a time, to a blender and blend until smooth.
- Return pureed mixture to saucepan.
- Heat through.
- Garnish each serving with additional sauteed mushrooms.