Shiitake And Lemongrass Soup
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped lemongrass
- 3 cups mushroom broth or vegetable broth
- 8 ounces shiitake mushrooms, stemmed and sliced
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1/8 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 cup coarsely chopped spinach
- In a saucepan melt 1 tablespoon of the butter over medium-high heat.
- Add onion and lemongrass and cook 5 minutes.
- Add broth and simmer, uncovered, for 15 minutes.
- Pour through a fine-mesh sieve or a colander lined with cheesecloth.
- Discard onion and lemongrass.
- In a skillet melt remaining 1 tablespoon butter over medium-high heat.
- Add mushrooms and cook 5 minutes.
- Stir in vinegar and pepper.
- Stir in spinach.
- Top each serving with cooked mushrooms.