- 4 eggs
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter or olive oil
- Crack the eggs and open them into a bowl.
- Sprinkle with some salt and pepper and whisk until the yolks and whites are combined.
- Put the butter or oil in a skillet, over medium-high heat.
- When the butter has melted or the oil is hot, pour the eggs into the pan.
- Let the eggs cook for a few seconds to heat up, then begin stirring frequently and scraping the sides of the pan.
- As the eggs begin to curdle, some parts may look like they are drying out; remove the pan from the heat and continue stirring until the cooking slows down a bit.
- Return the pan to the heat and continue cooking.
- The eggs are done when they are creamy, soft, and still a bit runny; do not overcook or the eggs will become tough.
- Serve right away.