Scallops & Mozza Broccoli Mash
- 1/4 cup coconut oil or ghee, or 1/4 cup avocado oil
- 6 cups broccoli florets
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (2-in) piece fresh ginger root, grated
- 2/3 cup chicken bone broth
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese (dairy-free or regular)
- 1 pound sea scallops
- 1/4 teaspoon finely ground sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil, avocado oil, or ghee
- Lemon wedges, for serving
- Heat the oil in a frying pan over low heat.
- Add the broccoli, garlic, and ginger and cook, uncovered, for 5 minutes.
- Pour in the broth, then cover and cook on low for 25 minutes.
- About 5 minutes before the broccoli is ready, move on to the next step.
- Pat the scallops dry and season them on both sides with the salt and pepper.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan over medium heat.
- When the oil is hot, add the scallops.
- Cook for 2 minutes per side.
- When the broccoli is done, add the cheese and mash it.
- Divide the mash among 4 plates and top with the scallops.
- Serve with lemon wedges.