Savory Bean And Kale Soup
- 3 14.5-ounce cans vegetable broth
- 1 15-ounce can tomato puree
- 1 15-ounce can small white beans or Great Northern beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup converted rice
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried basil, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 8 cups coarsely chopped kale leaves
- Finely shredded Parmesan cheese (optional)
- In a slow cooker combine all ingredients except kale and cheese.
- Cover and cook on low for 5 to 7 hours or on high for 2 1/2 to 3 1/2 hours.
- Before serving, stir in kale.
- Sprinkle each serving with cheese.