Sassy Bean And Brown Rice Chili
- 2 cups reduced-sodium vegetable broth
- 2 cups water
- 1 16-ounce jar picante sauce
- 1 15-ounce can no-salt-added pinto or red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 15-ounce can no-salt-added black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 15-ounce can no-salt-added garbanzo beans (chickpeas), rinsed and drained
- 3/4 cup brown rice
- 1 4-ounce can diced green chiles, undrained
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/3 cup plain fat-free yogurt
- 1/3 cup crumbled cotija cheese or shredded reduced-fat Monterey Jack cheese (optional)
- 1/4 cup roasted pumpkin seeds (pepitas)
- In a slow cooker combine all ingredients except yogurt, cheese and pumpkin seeds.
- Cover and cook on low for 7 to 8 hours or on high for 3 1/2 to 4 hours.
- Top each serving with yogurt and sprinkle with cheese and pumpkin seeds.