Salted Chocolate Popcorn
- 3 tbsp coconut oil
- 1/3 cup popping corn
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
- 3 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 1/2 cups roughly chopped pretzels
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds
- 1/4 cup golden raisins
- 1 tsp sea salt
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large saucepan, heat the oil over medium-high heat.
- Drop in 3 kernels of corn and cover.
- When corn pops, add the rest of the corn, cover and remove from the heat for 30 seconds.
- Place back on the heat and jiggle the pot continuously while the corn pops.
- When the popping slows nearly to a stop, pour the popcorn into a large bowl.
- Place the chocolate chips and butter in a heatproof bowl.
- Fill a saucepan about a quarter full with hot water, sit the bowl over the pan and place over low heat.
- Stir occasionally until the butter and chocolate have melted.
- Pour half the chocolate over the popcorn.
- Stir to coat.
- Add 1 cup pretzels, almonds and raisins, then stir.
- Pour the last of the chocolate over the mix and stir again.
- Spread the popcorn on the baking sheet and sprinkle with remaining pretzels and salt.
- Let sit at room temperature until the chocolate has hardened, about 1 hour.