Salmon Rice Bowl
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp Sriracha
- 3 tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 3 skinless salmon fillets
- 1 cup rice
- 2 cups finely shredded cabbage
- 1 carrot, shredded or matchsticked
- 1 red, yellow or orange pepper, julienned
- 1/2 cup shelled edamame
- 1/2 avocado, cubed
- handful of sliced green onions
- 2 tbsp sesame seeds
- 1 sheet nori, torn into small pieces (optional)
- Whisk together the marinade ingredients and set half of it aside for the dressing.
- Place the salmon in a bowl and cover with the remaining marinade.
- Cover and refrigerate for half an hour.
- Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 425 F.
- Cook the rice according to package directions, about 20 minutes.
- Line a baking sheet with foil.
- Place the marinated salmon on the baking sheet, discarding the marinade, and bake for about 8 minutes, until fish becomes opaque and breaks apart easily.
- Break the cooked salmon into large bite-size chunks.
- In a large bowl, toss the cabbage, carrot, pepper, edamame and avocado with the reserved salad dressing.
- Place a large scoop of rice in each bowl and cover with a large scoop of the salad mix.
- Top with pieces of salmon and scatter over the green onions, sesame seeds and nori (if using).