Sabudana (Peanut-Lime Tapioca)
- 1 cup white tapioca pearls
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon black mustard seeds
- 12 curry leaves
- 4 small Indian green chiles or serrano chiles, halved lengthwise
- 1/2 cup roasted unsalted peanuts
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons lime juice, plus lime wedges for serving
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro, for garnish
- Rinse the tapioca in a sieve to remove starchy powder.
- In a bowl, combine the tapioca and 1 1/2 cups water.
- Cover and set aside at room temperature to soak overnight.
- In the morning, drain the tapioca.
- Set pearls aside.
- In a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat, warm the oil.
- Once the oil begins to shimmer, add the black mustard seeds and remove the pan from the heat after a few seconds.
- Add the curry leaves, making sure they get fully coated in the oil.
- Return the pan to medium heat, add the chiles and peanuts, and cook, stirring continuously, for 2 to 4 minutes.
- Add the drained tapioca and mix well.
- Add the salt and lime juice.
- Remove from the heat, taste, and add more salt and lime juice if needed.
- Garnish with the cilantro and serve with lime wedges.