Rustic Italian Stew
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 2 yellow summer squash, halved lengthwise and sliced (2 1/2 cups)
- 8 ounces button mushrooms, quartered (3 cups)
- 1 15-ounce can navy beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 green sweet peppers, cut into 1-inch pieces (1 cup)
- 1 zucchini, halved lengthwise and sliced (1 1/4 cups)
- 1 onion, cut into thin wedges (1 cup)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning, crushed
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- 2 14.5-ounce cans stewed tomatoes, undrained and cut up
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- Lightly coat the inside of a slow cooker with cooking spray.
- In prepared cooker combine all ingredients except cheese.
- Cover and cook on low for 7 to 8 hours or on high for 3 1/2 to 4 hours.
- Sprinkle each serving with mozzarella cheese.