Roti Noodle Stir-Fry
- 4 7-inch rotis or whole wheat tortillas
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 12 curry leaves
- 2 small Indian green chiles or serrano chiles, finely chopped
- 1/2 medium red onion, cut into 2-inch strips
- 1 medium red bell pepper, cut into 2-inch matchsticks
- 1 medium green bell pepper, cut into 2-inch matchsticks
- 1/2 small green cabbage, shredded
- 1 large carrot, grated
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro, for garnish
- 1/4 cup roasted unsalted peanuts, crushed, for garnish
- Stack the rotis on top of one another and cut them in half.
- Cut the roti halves into 1/4-inch-wide strips.
- In a nonstick skillet or wok over medium-high heat, warm the olive oil.
- Once the oil begins to shimmer, add the curry leaves and green chiles, tossing for a few seconds to coat them in the oil.
- Increase the heat to high and add the onion.
- Cook, about 30 seconds, then add the red and green bell peppers and cook, 30 seconds more.
- Add the cabbage and carrot, then stir in the roti pieces and cook for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the salt and turn the heat off.
- Stir in the lime juice.
- Taste and adjust the lime juice and salt if needed, then garnish with the cilantro and peanuts.