- 1 1/2 pounds boneless pork shoulder, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 15-ounce cans hominy, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 4-ounce can diced green chiles, undrained
- 1 tablespoon ancho chile powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried oregano, crushed
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 14.5-ounce cans reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 cups coarsely chopped cabbage
- 1 10-ounce can enchilada sauce
- Lime wedges
- Pineapple wedges (optional)
- In a slow cooker combine all ingredients except cabbage, enchilada sauce and fruit wedges.
- Cover and cook on low for 8 to 9 hours or on high for 4 to 4 1/2 hours.
- If using low setting, turn cooker to high setting.
- Stir in cabbage and enchilada sauce.
- Cover and cook for 30 minutes.
- Garnish with lime wedges and pineapple wedges.