Red Pepper, Potato, And Peanut Sabzi
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 teaspoon fennel seeds
- 1 small yellow onion, diced into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 large russet potato, diced into 1/2-inch cubes
- 2 medium red bell peppers, diced into 3/4-inch pieces
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 cup roasted unsalted peanuts, crushed
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- In a skillet over medium-high heat, warm the oil.
- Once the oil begins to shimmer, add the cumin seeds and cook, for 1 minute max.
- Reduce the heat to medium and stir in the fennel seeds.
- Add the onion and cook, 4 to 6 minutes.
- Stir in the potato, then spread the mixture into an even layer in the pan.
- Cover and cook for 7 to 10 minutes.
- Stir in the bell peppers and salt.
- Cover and cook for 5 to 7 minutes.
- Scrape up the charred bits from the bottom of the pan and stir them into the dish.
- Stir in the crushed peanuts and lime juice.
- Taste and adjust the lime juice and salt, if needed, before serving.