Red Bean And Brown Rice Stew
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 2/3 cup chopped red onion
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon snipped cilantro
- 1 teaspoon snipped fresh oregano or 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon adobo seasoning
- 1 15-ounce can red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 cups hot cooked brown rice
- Cilantro sprigs (optional)
- In a skillet heat oil over medium heat.
- Add onion and garlic and cook 5 minutes.
- Add remaining ingredients except rice and cilantro.
- Bring to boiling.
- Reduce heat.
- Cook and stir over medium heat for 5 to 10 minutes, stirring.
- Serve stew over rice.
- Garnish with cilantro sprigs.