Red And Green Gazpacho
- 3 cups chopped red and/or partially green tomatoes
- 1/2 cup chopped tomatillo
- 1 16-ounce can tomato juice (2 cups)
- 1/2 cup chopped cucumber
- 1 tablespoon seeded and finely chopped jalapeno pepper
- 1/4 cup finely chopped green onion
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon bottled green hot pepper sauce
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1/4 cup finely snipped cilantro
- 6 ounces peeled, cooked medium shrimp (12 to 15)
- Combine all ingredients except shrimp.
- Cover and chill for at least 1 hour and up to 8 hours.
- To serve, reserve 6 shrimp.
- Coarsely chop remaining shrimp.
- Stir chopped shrimp into gazpacho.
- Spoon gazpacho into chilled bowls.
- Top each serving with reserved whole shrimp.