Real Buttered Popcorn
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup popping corn
- 4 tablespoons butter
- Put the vegetable oil in a pot over medium-high heat.
- Add 3 kernels of popcorn and cover the pot.
- Put the butter in a saucepan over low heat; when the butter melts, remove the pot from the heat.
- When the 3 kernels pop, remove the lid from the pot and add the remaining corn.
- Cover and shake the pot once or twice, holding the lid on.
- Cook, shaking occasionally, as the corn begins to pop.
- Adjust the heat - and remove the pot from the burner briefly if needed.
- Remove the pot from the heat 3 to 5 minutes after adding the corn,
- Pour the popcorn into a bowl, drizzle with the butter, and sprinkle with a big pinch of salt.