Raspberry-Chipotle Chicken Tacos
- 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts, halved
- 1/3 cup plus 2 tbsp raspberry preserves or seedless raspberry jam, divided
- 2 chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 tbsp adobo sauce (from canned chipotle peppers)
- 1 tbsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 15 ounce canned diced fire roasted tomatoes
- Salt and pepper
- Toppings (optional) - cotija cheese, cilantro, avocado, sour cream, etc.
- Puree 1/3 cup raspberry jam, chipotle peppers, garlic, adobo sauce, salt and cumin.
- Place chicken in slow cooker and mix in the chipotle mixture and tomatoes.
- Cook on low for 5-6 hours or on high for 2-4 hours.
- Shred the chicken and stir in remaining jam.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve on tortillas with toppings.