Quinoa Shrimp Pulao
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced into 1/2-inch pieces
- 2 1/2 tablespoons minced ginger
- 2 small serrano chiles, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 pound peeled and deveined raw small shrimp
- 1 medium green bell pepper, diced into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 medium red bell pepper, diced into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3 cups cooked white quinoa
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1/3 cup chopped cilantro
- In a Dutch oven over medium-high heat, warm the oil.
- Once the oil begins to shimmer, add the onion and saute, 4 to 6 minutes.
- Reduce the heat to low and add the ginger, chiles, turmeric, and garlic.
- Cook, stirring, for 2 minutes, then add the shrimp.
- Keep stirring for 5 minutes, then add the green and red bell peppers and the salt.
- Cook for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Increase the heat to high, add the cooked quinoa, and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the lime juice and cilantro, then taste and adjust the salt if needed.
- Turn off the heat and let sit for 15 minutes before serving.