Quick Sausage Minestrone
- 1 19-ounce can cannellini (white kidney) beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 cups peeled and cubed potato
- 1 14.5-ounce can Italian-style stewed tomatoes, undrained and cut up
- 1 14.5-ounce can reduced-sodium beef broth
- 8 ounces cooked Italian sausage links, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 2 teaspoons bottled minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 cups chopped escarole or Swiss chard leaves
- 1/3 cup shredded Parmesan or Asiago cheese
- Combine all ingredients except escarole and cheese.
- Simmer, covered, for 25 to 30 minutes.
- Before serving, stir in escarole.
- Sprinkle each serving with cheese.