- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 6 ounces graham crackers, broken, or more as needed
- 5 tablespoons butter, melted, or more as needed
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- Pinch salt
- 1 1/2 cups canned pumpkin puree
- 1 1/4 cups half-and-half, cream, or milk
- To make the crust, heat the oven to 350 F.
- Combine the sugar and graham cracker pieces in a bowl or food processor and process until they are finely ground, about 1 1/2 cups.
- Slowly add the butter and pulse a few times until they are all moistened by the butter.
- Press the crumbs evenly into the bottom and sides of a pie plate.
- Bake the crust for 8 to 10 minutes, until it begins to brown.
- The crust will crisp as it cools.
- Turn the oven up to 375 F.
- While the crust is baking, use an electric mixer or a whisk to beat the eggs with the sugar, then add the cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, cloves, and salt.
- Add the pumpkin puree, mix, then add the half-and-half.
- Put the pie plate with the crust on a baking sheet.
- Pour the pumpkin mixture into the crust all the way to the top.
- Transfer the whole baking sheet to the oven and bake for 30 to 40 minutes, until the mixture shakes like Jell-O but is still moist in the center.
- Cool until it no longer jiggles, then slice into wedges and serve, or refrigerate for a day or two.