Pumpkin, Chicken And Spinach Tortellini Soup
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 pound chicken breast, trimmed of fat and cubed
- 1 onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 3 cups chicken stock
- 15 ounce can pumpkin puree
- 2 tsp brown sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp minced sage leaves
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/8 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 bay leaf
- 9 ounces cheese tortellini
- 4 cups baby spinach leaves, washed
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- Turn the slow cooker to low.
- Heat oil in skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the onion and cook for 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the garlic and cook for 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Transfer to the slow cooker and stir in chicken stock, the pumpkin puree, brown sugar, salt, black pepper, nutmeg, bay leaf, and sage.
- Cover and cook for 3 hours.
- Add the tortellini and cook for 1 hour.
- Stir in the spinach leaves, and then cover for 1 minute.
- Stir in the lemon juice.