Pork Satay Stew
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless pork shoulder roast
- 2 red and/or green sweet peppers, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 red onion, cut into wedges
- 1 cup bottled thick and chunky salsa
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons grated ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 3/4 cup half-and-half or light cream
- 3 cups hot cooked white or brown rice
- 1/3 cup chopped dry-roasted peanuts
- 1/4 cup sliced green onion
- Trim fat from meat.
- Cut meat into 1-inch pieces.
- In a slow cooker combine all ingredients except half-and-half, rice, peanuts and green onion.
- Cover and cook on low for 7 to 8 hours or on high for 3 1/2 to 4 hours.
- Stir in half-and-half.
- Serve meat mixture over rice.
- Sprinkle with peanuts and green onion.