Pork And Hominy Soup
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 12 ounces pork tenderloin, trimmed of fat and cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 medium poblano or Anaheim pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 large onion, cut into thin wedges
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 15.5-ounce can golden or white hominy, rinsed and drained
- 1 14.5-ounce can no-salt-added diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 14-ounce can reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 3/4 cups water
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 2 teaspoons snipped fresh oregano or 1 teaspoon dried oregano, crushed
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground pasilla, ancho, or chipotle pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup toppings such as sliced radishes, shredded cabbage, and/or sliced green onions
- In a Dutch oven heat oil.
- Add pork, poblano pepper, onion, and garlic and cook over medium heat for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in remaining ingredients except toppings.
- Simmer, covered, for 15 minutes.
- Add toppings before serving.