Pork And Chorizo Stew
- 1 1-pound pork tenderloin, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 8 ounces cooked smoked chorizo sausage, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 1 cup coarsely chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme, crushed
- 2 1/2 cups reduced-sodium beef broth
- 1 cup frozen peas and carrots
- Ground black pepper
- 2 cups dried egg noodles
- In a Dutch oven cook pork cubes and chorizo in hot oil over medium-high heat for 10 minutes then transfer to plate.
- Add onion and garlic to pan and cook and stir for 4 to 5 minutes.
- Return meat and any accumulated juices to pan.
- Add flour and thyme and cook and stir for 1 minute.
- Gradually add broth, stirring to loosen any browned bits from bottom of pan.
- Add frozen peas and carrots and simmer, uncovered, for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Meanwhile, cook egg noodles according to package directions.
- Drain well.
- Serve stew with noodles.