- 2 eggs
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Put 1 inch of water in a saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Lower the heat so the water barely bubbles.
- Crack one of the eggs and open it into a bowl, don't break the yolk.
- Slip it into the water.
- Repeat with the other egg.
- Cook the eggs undisturbed for 3 to 5 minutes, until the white is set and the yolk has filmed over.
- Lift the eggs out of the pan, letting as much water as possible drain off.
- Serve right away, sprinkled with salt and pepper.