Pizza Stew With Biscuits
- 3 cups quartered or sliced cremini mushrooms
- 3/4 cup chopped green sweet pepper
- 1/3 cup finely chopped onion (1 small)
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 cups marinara sauce
- 1 1/4 pounds ground turkey breast, broken up into bite sized pieces
- 3/4 cup low-fat pancake and baking mix
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano, crushed
- 1/4 cup fat-free milk
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese (2 ounces) (optional)
- In a slow cooker combine all ingredients up to baking mix.
- Cover and cook on low for 3 hours.
- For biscuits, in a bowl combine baking mix, Parmesan, and oregano.
- Add milk and stir.
- Turn cooker to high setting.
- Drop biscuit dough by the tablespoonful into stew to make 5 biscuits.
- Cover and cook for 45 to 60 minutes. (Do not lift cover during cooking.)
- Sprinkle each serving with mozzarella cheese.