- 1 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1 cup unsalted and unroasted cashews
- 2 tsp peppermint extract
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 1/2 lb 70% dark chocolate, sliced into shavings
- In a food processor, pulse the coconut and cashews until there is a fine meal.
- Add the peppermint extract, honey and coconut oil and process until combined.
- Lay out two square sheets of plastic wrap.
- Divide the coconut mixture into halves and tip each half onto a sheet of plastic wrap.
- Roll the mixtures into two logs about 1 inch thick.
- Twist the ends of the logs to seal.
- Place in the freezer for 30 minutes.
- Melt the chocolate in a heatproof bowl placed over (not in) a pot of simmering water.
- Once the chocolate is half melted, remove the bowl from the pot and continue stirring until the rest of the shavings melt.
- Return the bowl to the pot to keep the chocolate from hardening, but remove it from the stove.
- Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Unwrap the coconut logs and slice them into 1/4-inch rounds.
- Using a slotted spoon, dunk the rounds one at a time in the melted chocolate, being sure to coat them on both sides.
- Tap off excess chocolate and then place the rounds on the baking sheet.
- Place the baking sheets in the freezer for about 15 minutes, until the chocolate sets.
- Remove from freezer 15 minutes before eating.