Penne With Sun-Dried Tomatoes And Spinach
- 1 lb penne
- 4 cups baby spinach
- 1/4 cup diced sun-dried tomatoes, not packed in oil
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 large clove garlic
- 2 tsp umami paste
- 1 cup shaved Asiago cheese, plus 1 tbsp for garnish
- 20 sliced basil leaves
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.
- Add the pasta and cook according to package directions.
- During the last minute of cooking, drop the spinach and sun-dried tomatoes into the water.
- Reserve 1 cup of cooking water, then drain pasta.
- Pour the pasta and vegetables back into the pot and immediately stir in the oil.
- Using a Microplane grater, grate garlic into the pasta.
- Stir in the umami paste and cheese.
- Loosen up sauce by stirring in reserved pasta water a tablespoon at a time until desired consistency.
- Serve sprinkled with additional cheese and the basil.