Peach (Or Other Fruit) Crisp
- 5 tablespoons cold butter, plus more for greasing the pan
- 6 cups pitted, sliced peaches
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup chopped nuts, optional
- Pinch salt
- 1 cup vanilla ice cream or whipped cream, optional
- Heat the oven to 400 F.
- Cut the 5 tablespoons butter into 1/4-inch bits and put in the fridge or freezer.
- Lightly butter a square baking pan.
- Toss the peaches with the lemon juice and 1 tablespoon of the brown sugar in a bowl, and spread them out in the prepared pan.
- Combine the chilled pieces of butter with the remaining brown sugar, the oats, the flour, and the nuts in a food processor and pulse a few times, then process for a few seconds more, until everything is combined but not too finely ground.
- Crumble the topping over the peaches and bake for 30 to 40 minutes, until the topping is browned and the peaches are tender and bubbling.
- Serve hot, warm, or at room temperature, with ice cream.