Pav Bhaji On Potato Rolls
- 3/4 cup frozen or fresh cauliflower florets
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 2 medium russet potatoes, boiled and cooled
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3/4 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 tablespoon ground coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon red chile powder
- 2 large Roma tomatoes, diced into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 small Indian green chile or serrano chile, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 8 hamburger buns
- Salted butter, for bun-buttering
- Lime juice, plus wedges for serving
- Peel the potatoes, put them in a bowl, and mash.
- Set aside.
- In a pan over medium-high heat, warm the oil.
- Once the oil begins to shimmer, swirl in the turmeric.
- Add the coriander, red chile powder, and tomatoes and cook, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Reduce the heat to low, add 2 tablespoons water and the green chile, and simmer for about 4 minutes, mashing the tomatoes into a chunky sauce as they cook.
- Add the mashed potatoes, the cauliflower-pea mixture, the salt, and 1/4 cup water.
- Increase the heat to medium-low and cook, 5 to 7 minutes.
- Add water if necessary.
- Taste and adjust the salt if needed.
- Stir in the cilantro, turn off the heat, and transfer the bhaji to a bowl.