Pasta With Eggs And Cheese
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup freshly grated pecorino Romano or Parmesan cheese, or more to taste
- 1 pound linguine or other long pasta
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Bring a stockpot of water to a boil and salt it.
- Heat the oven to 200 F and put a large ovenproof bowl in it for 5 minutes.
- When the bowl is warm - handle it with oven mitts to avoid burning yourself - crack the eggs on a flat surface and open them into it.
- Beat or whisk until uniformly colored.
- Stir in the cheese.
- When the water boils, cook the pasta until it is tender but not mushy; start tasting after 5 minutes.
- When it's done, scoop out and reserve at least 1 cup of the cooking water, then drain the pasta.
- Immediately toss the pasta with the eggs in the bowl; if it's too dry, add the pasta-cooking water.
- Taste and add more salt or cheese, then add black pepper - I suggest a lot - and serve.