Pancake Tacos Or Waffle Sandwiches
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 cups sliced button or cremini mushrooms
- 3/4 tsp fresh thyme
- 1/2 cup grated Fontina or mozzarella cheese
- 2 eggs
- pinch of salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400 F.
- In a smallish oven-safe skillet, melt the butter over medium heat.
- Add the garlic, mushrooms and thyme.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, until the mushrooms soften, about 3 minutes.
- Sprinkle the grated cheese evenly over the mushrooms.
- Now crack the eggs on top, side by side.
- Slide the pan into the oven and bake for about 10 minutes, which gives firm whites and slightly runny yolks.
- Adjust the time based on egg preference.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper before serving.