Orecchiette With Turkey And Broccoli
- 1 lb orecchiette
- 4 cups small broccoli florets
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 tsp fennel seeds or fresh thyme
- 1/2 tsp dried chili flakes (optional)
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.
- Add the pasta and cook according to package directions, about 10 minutes.
- Set a timer for 2 minutes before the pasta will be done.
- Add the broccoli.
- Meanwhile, warm the oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add the garlic, onion, fennel seeds and chili flakes (if using) and cook, stirring now and then, for about 3 minutes.
- Add the turkey and cook, while breaking it up, for another 5 minutes, until the meat is browned and almost cooked through.
- Add the broccoli to the cooking pasta and cook for 2 minutes.
- Drain the pasta and broccoli and then add them to the skillet.
- Toss everything together well.
- Add the stock and toss more.
- Taste and add salt and pepper.
- Serve in a big bowl with Parmesan on top.