- 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 1/3 cup avocado oil, or 1/3 cup coconut oil
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon finely ground sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2/3 cup shredded cheddar cheese (dairy-free or regular)
- 1 small tomato, diced
- 4 leaves green leaf lettuce, chopped
- Place the chicken thighs on a sheet of parchment paper.
- Using a meat mallet, pound the thighs until 1/4 inch thick.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan over medium-high heat.
- Add the chicken and cook for 10 minutes, then flip and cook for another 10 minutes.
- Place the ground beef, garlic, chili powder, cumin, paprika, salt, red pepper flakes, and black pepper in another frying pan.
- Cook over medium heat until the meat is no longer pink for 10 minutes, stirring to crumble it as it cooks.
- To assemble, place the cooked chicken tortillas on serving plates and top with the ground beef filling, then the shredded cheese, diced tomato, and chopped lettuce.