- 1/4 cup coconut oil, or 1/4 cup avocado oil
- 2 (7-oz) packages precooked breakfast sausage, roughly chopped
- 2 medium carrots, diced
- 1 small rutabaga, peeled and diced
- 1 small white onion, diced
- 1 leek, white part only, thinly sliced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup chicken bone broth
- 1/2 teaspoon finely ground sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley leaves, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme leaves
- 6 fresh savory or sage leaves, finely chopped
- 3/4 cup shelled raw or roasted pistachios
- Heat the oil in a frying pan over medium heat.
- Add the sausage, carrots, rutabaga, onion, leek, garlic, broth, salt, and pepper.
- Stir, cover, and cook for 15 minutes.
- Remove the lid and add the herbs.
- Continue to cook for 10 minutes.
- Toss in the pistachios, divide among 4 plates.