Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
- About 1/2 pound chocolate
- 8 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Pinch salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Heat the oven to 375 F.
- Cut the bars into pea-sized pieces to get 1 1/2 cups.
- Use an electric mixer to cream together the butter and sugars in a bowl until light and fluffy.
- Crack the eggs, add them one at a time, and beat until well blended.
- Mix the flour, oats, cinnamon, salt, and baking powder together in a bowl.
- Alternating with the milk, add the dry ingredients to the butter mixture, mixing on low.
- Stir in the chocolate and vanilla.
- Drop tablespoon-sized mounds of dough 3 inches apart in rows and columns on ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes, until lightly browned.
- Cool for 2 minutes on the sheets before using a metal spatula to transfer the cookies to racks to finish cooling.
- Store in a tightly covered container at room temperature for no more than a day or two.