- 1/3 cup avocado oil, or 1/3 cup coconut oil or ghee
- 1 3/4 pounds bulk/ground Italian sausage
- 1 large jicama, peeled and spiral sliced
- 1 small red onion, sliced
- 1 tomato, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1 teaspoon finely ground sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat the oven to 400 F.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan over medium heat.
- Add the sausage and saute until no longer pink for 10 minutes.
- Place the remaining ingredients except the cheese in a 13 by 9-inch baking pan.
- Toss to combine.
- When the sausage is done, transfer it to the baking pan along with the fat in the pan.
- Toss to coat, then top the entire dish with the shredded cheese.
- Bake for 45 minutes.