My Favorite Creamy Pesto Chicken
- 1/4 cup avocado oil
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, thinly sliced
- 1 small white onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup sun-dried tomatoes, drained and chopped
- 3/4 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1/8 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 1/2 cup chicken bone broth
- 1/2 cup full-fat coconut milk
- 1/2 teaspoon finely ground sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 ounce fresh basil leaves and stems
- 2 medium zucchinis, spiral sliced, raw or cooked, for serving
- Heat the oil in a frying pan over medium heat.
- When hot, add the chicken, onion, sun-dried tomatoes, oregano, thyme, and red pepper flakes.
- Saute for 5 minutes.
- Place all the remaining ingredients except the basil in a food processor or blender.
- Blend on high until smooth for 30 seconds.
- Add the basil and pulse to break it up slightly, but before the sauce turns a bright green color.
- Pour the sauce into the pan and toss the chicken to coat.
- Reduce the heat to low, cover, and cook for 15 minutes, stirring every couple of minutes.
- Divide the spiral-sliced zucchini among 4 plates and top with equal portions of the chicken and sauce.