Moroccan Chicken Stew
- 2 cups sliced carrot
- 2 large onions, halved and thinly sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 pounds skinless meaty chicken pieces (breast halves, thighs, and drumsticks)
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup dried apricots, coarsely chopped
- 1 14-ounce can chicken broth
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Hot cooked couscous
- Pine nuts, toasted
- Cilantro (optional)
- In a slow cooker combine all ingredients except couscous, nuts and cilantro.
- Cover and cook on low for 6 1/2 to 7 hours or on high for 3 1/2 to 4 hours.
- Serve in bowls with couscous.
- Sprinkle each serving with pine nuts.
- Garnish with cilantro.