Mole-Style Pork And Squash Chili
- 12 ounces boneless pork sirloin chops, cut 1/2 inch thick
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil or vegetable oil
- 2 14.5-ounce cans stewed tomatoes, undrained
- 8 ounces butternut squash, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch cubes (1 1/2 cups)
- 1 15-ounce can red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 15-ounce can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup frozen whole-kernel corn
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon grated unsweetened chocolate
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano, crushed
- Trim fat from meat.
- Cut meat into 1/2-inch pieces.
- In a Dutch oven cook and stir meat, onion, and garlic in hot oil over medium-high heat until meat is brown.
- Stir in remaining ingredients.
- Simmer, covered, 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.