Mixed Mushroom Soup
- 10 ounces cremini, oyster, button, and/or stemmed shiitake mushrooms, sliced
- 2 ounces portobello mushrooms, stemmed and sliced 1/2 inch thick
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 14.5-ounce cans vegetable broth or chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon snipped thyme or 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme, crushed
- In a saucepan cook mushrooms, onion, and garlic in hot oil over medium heat 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add broth and dried thyme (if using) and simmer, covered, for 20 minutes.
- Stir in thyme (if using).