Minty Sweet Pea Deviled Eggs
- 1 tsp white vinegar
- 6 eggs
- 1/2 cup frozen peas, cooked
- 3/4 cup Vegenaise or mayonnaise
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 2 tsp chopped fresh mint, plus more for garnish
- salt and pepper
- Fill a large saucepan with water and stir in the vinegar.
- Gently add the eggs.
- Be sure the eggs are covered with at least an inch of water.
- Cover, bring to a boil over high heat, stirring gently, then remove from the heat and let stand for 12 minutes.
- Drain the eggs and place them in a bowl of cold water to chill.
- Peel the eggs and cut them in half lengthwise.
- Scoop the yolks into a small bowl.
- Arrange the whites on a serving plate.
- Cover and set aside.
- In a food processor, pulse the yolks, peas, Vegenaise, oil and mint until smooth.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Place a resealable plastic bag in a large measuring cup, turning the sides of the bag down around the outside of the cup.
- Scrape the yolk mixture into the bag.
- Remove the bag from the measuring cup and seal.
- Snip off one corner of the bag and pipe the yolk mixture into the whites.
- Chill in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Serve with a sprinkling of chopped mint.