Mint Julep (Southern Style)
- 1 tsp. Superfine Sugar (or Simple Syrup)
- 2 tsp. Water
- 2 1/2 oz. Whiskey (Bourbon)
- In silver mug or Collins glass, dissolve sugar/syrup with water.
- Fill with finely shaved ice.
- Add bourbon.
- Stir until glass is heavily frosted, adding more ice if necessary. (Do not hold glass with hand while stirring.)
- Garnish with 5-6 sprigs of fresh mint so that the tops are about 2 inches above rim of glass.
- Use short straws so that it will be necessary to bury nose in mint, which is intended for scent rather than taste.