- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 3 14.5-ounce cans Mexican-style stewed tomatoes, undrained and cut up
- 2 15.5-ounce cans red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 cup water
- 1 6-ounce can tomato paste
- 1 4-ounce can diced green chile peppers, undrained
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- Cilantro sprigs (optional)
- In a skillet cook ground beef until brown.
- Drain fat.
- In a slow cooker combine remaining ingredients except cheese, sour cream and cilantro.
- Stir in cooked ground beef.
- Cover and cook on low for 8 to 10 hours or on high for 4 to 5 hours.
- Serve with shredded cheddar cheese and sour cream.
- Garnish with cilantro.