- 1 32-ounce carton reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 15-ounce can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 15-ounce can golden hominy, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup bottled salsa
- 1 cup bottled nopalitos (cactus leaves), drained, or bite-size green sweet pepper strips
- 1 4-ounce can diced green chiles
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 1/2 cups chopped cooked chicken
- Snipped herbs of your choice (optional)
- Combine all ingredients except chicken and herbs.
- Simmer, covered, for 20 minutes.
- Add chicken.
- Heat through.
- Sprinkle each serving with herbs.