Mediterranean Kale And Cannellini Stew With Farro
- 4 cups reduced-sodium vegetable broth
- 1 14.5-ounce can no-salt-added fire-roasted tomatoes, undrained
- 1 cup farro, rinsed
- 1 cup coarsely chopped onion
- 2 medium carrots, halved lengthwise and thinly sliced crosswise
- 1 cup coarsely chopped celery
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups coarsely chopped kale or Swiss chard
- 1 15-ounce can no-salt-added cannellini (white kidney) beans, rinsed and drained
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- Snipped basil or parsley
- In a slow cooker combine broth, tomatoes, farro, onion, carrots, celery, garlic, red pepper flakes, and salt.
- Cover and cook on high setting 2 hours.
- Stir in kale, beans, and lemon juice.
- Cover and cook for 1 hour.
- Serve with cheese and basil.