Loaded Bratwurst Stew
- 1 pound cooked smoked bratwurst, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 4 cups chopped cabbage or packaged shredded cabbage with carrot (coleslaw mix)
- 1 1/2 cups coarsely chopped red-skinned potatoes
- 3/4 cup chopped red sweet pepper
- 1 medium onion, cut into thin wedges
- 2 14.5-ounce cans chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon spicy brown mustard
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon celery seeds
- Shredded Swiss cheese (optional)
- In a slow cooker combine all ingredients except cheese.
- Cover and cook on low for 6 to 7 hours or on high for 3 to 3 1/2 hours.
- Top each serving with cheese.