Lima Bean And Basil Dip
- 10 ounces frozen or cooked lima beans
- 8 large basil leaves
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- If using frozen lima beans, put them in a microwave-safe dish and microwave for 5 minutes.
- Let cool to room temperature.
- Transfer the lima beans to a blender, add the remaining ingredients, and blend to a chunky consistency.
- Scrape down the sides of the blender a few times to make sure the dip is uniformly blended.
- If the mixture is too thick to blend, add a few drops of olive oil.
- Taste and adjust the lime juice and/or salt, if needed.
- Transfer to a serving bowl.