Lickety-Split Pea Soup With Ham
- 2/3 cup sliced leeks (2 medium)
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 19-ounce cans ready-to-serve green split pea with bacon soup
- 1 1/2 cups apple juice or apple cider
- 1 cup chopped carrot
- 1/2 cup diced cooked ham
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Fresh mint leaves (optional)
- In a large saucepan cook leeks in hot oil over medium heat 3 minutes or just until tender.
- Remove a few leek slices.
- Set aside.
- Stir remaining ingredients except mint into leeks in saucepan.
- Simmer, covered, 15 minutes.
- Top each serving with reserved leek slices and, if desired, mint.