Lentil And Sausage Soup
- 1 medium fennel bulb, trimmed, cored, and thinly sliced
- 1 cup thinly sliced carrot
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 sweet or hot Italian sausage links, sliced
- 2 14-ounce cans reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 14.5-ounce can diced tomatoes with basil, garlic, and oregano, undrained
- 1 cup lentils, rinsed and drained
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- In a large saucepan cook fennel, carrot, onion, and garlic in hot oil over medium-high heat for 5 minutes.
- Add sausage and cook for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Stir remaining ingredients into saucepan.
- Simmer, covered, for 30 to 35 minutes.